Dr. Mousa Al Kurdi
World expert with many achievements and innovative contributions In the field of Advanced Endoscopic Surgery, Fertility, Fertility Sparing & Gynaecological Oncology. Worked for more than 30 years in UK, mostly in Cambridge. First as specialist in Leicester and Newcastle Universities 1976 -79, then lecturer 1980-83 and Senior Consultant 1992-2014 in Cambridge.
Residing in Dubai since February 2014, where I practise fertility & advanced endoscopic surgery – laser in infertility and tumours.
Developed to the first time, use of Laser in treating Pre-malignancies of cervix and the first smoke speculum in the world in Gateshead – Newcastle 1977-1979."
Developed a novel technique for the treatment of unexplained infertility by repositioning high tubes down to the Pouch of Douglas to allow fimbria to collect ova and achieve natural pregnancy without need for IVF. This completely new operation could be the alternative to IVF in over 50 million women who are diagnosed of having Unexplained Infertility mostly in the third world.
Performed the first ever two successful abdominal radical trachelectomies in humans in 1995 and 1996 – to remove bulky cancer of cervix (≥ 3 cms) without removing the uterus to preserve fertility.
Concept Originator 1999, and Founding President 2007 Elected by the Council of Arab Ministers of Health to establish Arab Institute for Clinical Excellence (AICE); to reform healthcare by introducing evidence-based clinical guidelines and patients’ charter in all Arab Countries in all specialities of healthcare.
- Professor/Consultant GynecologistOncologist.
- Head of Fertility and Minimal Access Surgery Divisions-Cambridge- UK.
- Trainer and Examiner in Arab Board and Royal College of Obs. & Gyn.
- Colposcopy trainer (BSCCP).
- Trainer for MSc in Minimal Access Surgery (MAS).
- Founding President, Arab Institute for Clinical Excellence (AICE)
- Member of:
- The Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists1979.Fellow1991
- The British Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology Society1977.
- British Society For Gynaecological Endoscopy1996
- The East Anglian Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists1980
- The British Fertility Society 1980