We offer a wide variety of services through our Surgical Gynecology department, including:
- Hysterectomy, the surgical removal of the uterus, with or without removal of fallopian tubes and ovaries.
- Ovarian cystectomy, the surgical removal of an ovarian cyst either with laparoscopy or laparotomy.
- Laparoscopic removal of an ectopic pregnancy, a pregnancy outside the uterine wall
- Adhesiolysis, the surgical removal of intra-abdominal adhesions which may lead to infertility or abdominal and pelvic pain.
- Diagnostic and surgical laparoscopy
- Diagnostic and surgical hysteroscopy
- D&C (Dilation and Curettage)
- Vaginal surgery for any of the following:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
How do I prepare for my gynecology surgery?
It will depend on the type of surgery you’ve had, but your gynecologist in Dubai or Abu Dhabi may recommend you to use a laxative and eat lightly. Avoid drinking alcohol a day before the surgery.
What medications should I take before my surgery?
Our gynecology clinic in Dubai or Abu Dhabi will review your medical history and advise which medication can be taken before your surgery.
When can I return to work after surgery?
It also depends on the type of surgery, as they all have different recovery time. In most cases, patients can return to work 1 week after getting a diagnostic laparoscopy/hysteroscopy, 1 -2 weeks after surgical laparoscopy/hysteroscopy, and between 2 – 4 weeks after undergoing a laparoscopic hysterectomy/myomectomy and 6 – 8 weeks if you’ve had a traditional abdominal surgery.
When can I exercise after surgery?
Each surgery and patient vary from one another; however, generally, it takes within 2 weeks for minor surgery and 4 – 6 weeks if you underwent a major surgery. It’s best to consult with your physician first before performing strenuous activities.
When can I resume sexual activity?
It may still depend on the procedure you’ve had, but typically for minor surgical procedures, it takes 1 – 2 weeks while for major surgeries between 4 – 6 weeks. Consult your gynecology surgeon in Dubai for recommendations.